Monday, October 25, 2010

Sick Day

Why is this boy so sad? Is it because he broke his favorite toy...NO. Is it because his sister was biting him....NO. It's because I told him he could not go to school today! He had a bad cough yesterday which continued into this morning. It is one of those deep coughs (you know the ones that make you move a bit when someone near you is coughing). No fever, no runny nose, he acts fine but I figured it wasn't a good idea for him to be at school. I wouldn't want someone coughing on my kid, so I should expect no less from someone else right? He begged and pleaded with me ALL day to go to school. I told him he wasn't allowed.....here is where it gets interesting. I let him listen in as I called the school to excuse him from class. I told the secretary he had a bad cough. Her reply: okay does he have a fever? No. Diarrhea? No. Well he's fine to come to school. What?!!! Am I missing something? Isn't that how germs spread? Now I know why all the kids are always hacking at school!!! Sooo that backfired!! Now he was really mad at me!! He will definitely be back to school tomorrow (thank goodness his cough is much better). Note to self: NEVER let the kids listen in to a call to school!

No comments: