Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Letting go...is hard!

Day 2 of Kindergarten:
Chase insisted on riding the bus to school, really he wanted to ride yesterday but I think he let me take him just for my sake. It has happened I am one of those crazy overprotective Mommy's!! But he is only 4!! He has to ride with kids that are in 5th grade, it is scary! So, reluctantly I put him on the bus, rushed to the truck and raced to the school. I had to make sure he knew where he was going right? And what crazy Mommy doesn't take a picture when he gets off the bus? So here I was waiting for him to get off.... He was SO mad at me!! He saw me and yelled "Mommmm why are you here?!" I quickly apologized and told him I just wanted to make sure he knew where to go. I told him to walk ahead and I would just follow from a distance. He walked quickly ahead, he stepped off the curb by a bus....panic! I yelled to stay on the sidewalk. I knew as soon as I did I should have shut my mouth. The tears came, and then..."I forgot where to go". Although he won't admit it, he needed me. I showed him where to go and then I left. Letting go is harder than I thought. Tomorrow I am enlisting Daddy for a covert operation, Mission: follow bus and do not be seen!! He did have a great day and I had to add this because it made me laugh. He told me if they get their clip moved down to black they have to go meet with the "prisoner" (principal), how scary is that to a Kindergartner? Funny stuff!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear Karen,

Hi, How are you? Hope things are going well! My hubby and I never completed that goal. We are losers! I need another plan. We quit after two weeks. What is wrong with us? Hoping some readers can help out. I hope the school year is going well so far.

Thank you again for everything.

You are the best.

Tina

Bogenschutz said...

Oh How I remember those day. Letting go is way hard. We're all suppose to ease into it I believe. Although my kids are how old and I still have a hard time. Im proud of you Karen, that was a tough day.
Chase, Your such a grown up young man. Im sure you will never have to meet with a prisoner.
Love you all

David said...

I am so proud of you Chase, you will do so well in school...I miss Kindergarten.