Monday, August 30, 2010

Hi ho.....It's off to school we go!

It happened the day finally came....first day of Kindergarten, and High school!! Let me tell you how bizarre it is to have orientation for these two.....VERY DIFFERENT!! Talking about off campus lunch, and please send an extra pair of clothes for your child to name a few. Chase has been dying for this day to come, and Kelsey has been dreading every day that brought her closer. I bought a few special things for each of them and gave them to them last night. Chase got a special book: The night before Kindergarten. He absolutely loved it!! He was so excited for school he came in at 2 a.m. this morning!!Finally after waiting, and waiting it was time to put on the backpack!! (I don't know how many times I told him to take it off because it was too early). He was pumped!! He did allow me to drive him, but assured me he does not need my assistance to class anymore and will be riding the bus tomorrow..yikes!! We made it to class, found his seat and spent a few minutes there before giving him a kiss and saying our goodbye's. He teared up a little which made me sad, but quickly wiped them off as his teacher came by (he told me after school he was afraid the teacher was going to be mad at him if he cried)...too sweet! He had a great first day. When I asked him what he learned today, he said criss cross applesauce, and the letters of the day. What were the letters of the day?...."ummm I forgot!"Kelsey started High school today, she is a freshman. Because she is in leadership she was required to be to school early, and wear the school colors....getting up earlier than she HAD to and not get to wear her new school clothes, let's just say she was NOT super stoked! I was able to find her some cute dust devil (school mascot) clothes so that made it a bit more exciting. I also stuck a few surprises in her backpack so I hope that makes her smile. I can't believe we are here already!

1 comment:

Bogenschutz said...

To cute. First day of Kindergarten he did look stoked. As for Kelsey not to exciting huh?