Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Room Makeovers...

After 5 years of having a crib in our house..yes I said 5 it was time to take it down. It is sad to think that crib has been in our home since 2005 when we were awaiting Chase's arrival, to moving it into a pink room waiting for Sadi in 2007. I have been in the process of rearranging rooms and redecorating (somewhat to match the new "big kid" rooms). We gave Sadi Chase's old toddler bed and of course she wanted a Princess room. I found the cutest Princess bedding at Target. She loves it!! I have somewhat started changing the wall murals and plaques to match the new decor. I love the vinyl saying on her wall. (If you can't read it, it says: Someday my prince will come). This is perfect for her because her favorite princess is Snow White and she is ALWAYS singing this to herself, especially at night when she goes to bed you can hear her singing this, it is the cutest thing! We have been searching for a bed for Chase for a long time now and I finally found one I really liked (well okay the Memorial day sale really made me like it more). Funny how small it looked in the furniture store because when the brought it and set it up, it was HUGE!! He definitely has a big boy bed. This picture does not do it justice, but you can see just how high the headboard is, and let's just say it's a looong drop if you roll off. He loves it, and I think we are all a little jealous, it is so beautiful!
It also has a matching dresser with mirror which he loves to stand and talk to himself in front of, it is pretty funny!
We haven't finished decorating either room but it is slowly coming together. Have you ever completely cleaned out a room, got rid of a ton of stuff and what's left doesn't fit back into the original size? How does that happen?!

1 comment:

Bogenschutz said...

Rooms look awesome. Can't wait to visit so I can sleep in the Princess room.