Wednesday, June 9, 2010

First Camping Trip!

This week we took our first camping trip this year! We tried out a new spot not to far from home, Indian creek reservoir. It was really pretty.The kids had so much fun and did not want to come home. Kelsey spent most of the first day painting rocks. She made many lizards out of rocks (they turned out pretty cool). My camera really didn't capture it to well, I really need a new camera!There were all kinds of fun things to play with. I found Sadi this branch with pine needles still on it that I told her was just like Snow White's broom. She kept our camp well swept! Chase found the perfect walking stick...
We took the kids on a 3 mile hike...looong!! But they did so good. I love this picture of Kyle and Chase walking together and just chatting like they have so much in common, too cute!!Sadi had the best seat. I think every time we went on a walk she wanted to sit on Daddy. And every time her little head just bobbed and swayed and then...out like a light!!!

I think we all had a great time (except poor Daddy's neck!) and we are excited to go again soon!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Karen,

I feel awful that I haven't made it to your blog before now. Thank you for being such a faithful reader. I love your blog. Your family is beautiful. I can't believe how faithful you are about updating.

Love ya,

Tina

P.S. Next time you are at Susan's, you have to let me know. I so need to meet you!