Tuesday, March 2, 2010

We're "them"

March 2, it has now been 66 days since Christmas did you know? It is now official we have become "those" people. I am talking about the people in the neighborhood who have still NOT taken the Christmas lights down (you know you who they are right?). I really am not a nagger (shocking I know). I commented once after Christmas that "hey don't you think it's time the lights come down?". I was assured it would get done. I have since watched each and every neighbor, including the elderly couple across the street take their Christmas lights down while ours are still up! I guess I should be at least grateful the light up deer FINALLY made it at least into the garage in February! I'm thinking of lighting them up one night before Matt gets home from work, think he would get the message then? Until then, I will see this everytime we come home....

3 comments:

Bogenschutz said...

Ahhhhh, But your so ready for next year. Just think, there will be no needing to put the Christmas lights back up in December. If you just hold out for what 9 more months? You can do that right?

Bogenschutz said...

Luckie just said to me " See that is the reason why we don't put them up, we would just have to take them down " Hmmmmm, yet we take the all the Christmas trees up and down every year. Some how that only made sense to him I think.

The Demille's said...

My parents are those people now too...they never used to...oh, well, just consider yourself ready really early for next Christmas...it will be here before you know it!