Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Do YOU like green eggs and ham?

Everyone who has a school aged child knows that yesterday was Dr. Seuss' birthday. Chase learned about this at school, and read some of his books...I had something planned for later that night! Oh yes, green eggs and ham! I set the table with a title appropriate for such a meal and put out some books as well. We read the book before dinner (the kids had no idea what was going to be for dinner).I also had put all kinds of questions from the book all over the table and even taped some under the plates to find when the meal was over.
Chase was unsure when he came for dinner, taking a good whiff. Chase do you like green eggs and ham?
Try them! Try them!
And you may.
Try them and you may I say!
If you let me be,
I will try them.
You will see.
Say!
I like green eggs and ham!
I do! I like them Sam-I-am!
Kelsey likes green eggs and ham!
Sadi do you like green eggs and ham?That Sam-I-am!
That Sam-I-am!
I do not like that Sam-I-am!
You do not like green eggs and ham?
I do not like them Sam-I-am!
I do not like green eggs and ham!
A fun night! Hey I give them all props for at least trying them, to be honest they really did not look that appealing but they tasted good! Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss!!

4 comments:

Bogenschutz said...

Hey, we had green eggs and ham at school yesterday too! Actualy, I didn't think they looked all that great, so Sam I am, I didn't try the green eggs and ham. What a great night for all of you, looks like it was tons of fun. How did Matt like the green eggs and Ham? and where is his pic?

Bogenschutz said...

I just showed Tori your post. She could stop laughing at Sadi's face. To cute. Good for you all to give it a try.

heatlight said...

You are so creative!! I love it!

The Demille's said...

You are such an awesome Mom! You always come up with the cutest ideas...you should write a book!