Thursday, March 12, 2009

JINXED

Ever said something and then wished you hadn't because the opposite happens? It seems like I have had alot just this month, it seems not to be a lucky month for me. A few days ago....the blow dryer (if you read my other post you will know what I am talking about) I have had for soo long and was bragging about stopped working. Yup it is dead!! Never had a problem with it until I said something about it. That is the first incident I can think of. Next I was commenting to Matt how I was so proud of Kelsey, she has gotten herself up for school every day no problem, never been late......well THE VERY NEXT DAY she over slept, I was still sleeping as I never worry because she has been so responsible. She had 10 minutes to get ready and missed the bus so I had to drive her to school. THEN, oh yes there is more. You all should know about the camping trip that Matt has been planning (again from other post). And you should know that I had decided to let him do all the planning. WELL, I had told him 2 weeks ago that he should book the camping sites or they would be gone. I decided I was not going to remind him over and over because he wanted to be in charge. I don't know how many times I heard him on the phone telling someone "oh I am going to book those sites today". A few days later he would be telling someone else "I need to book those sites". Sure enough....last night I heard him on the computer..he is saying the sites are gone!!!! Okay I had to hold in my laughter at this point. I really wanted to say I told you so, but I bit my tongue and said nothing. So, for all you Dennings I just want you to know if we end up camping in our backyard this summer, remember Matt gets all the credit! (I mean I'm sure it had nothing to do with my jinxed week right?)

Moral of my story-I will be saying the opposite of what I really want for awhile and hopefully have better luck!

5 comments:

Bogenschutz said...

So, for sure your NOT coming to Utah to visit this summer???

Bogenschutz said...

Oh That sounds like quite the JINX of a week if you ask me. Remind Matt, Im sure all you Dennings could camp in Utah somewhere this year. Im positive you could still get a sight, if booked in the next week or so that is???? ha ha Funny stuff!!!

Bogenschutz said...

Matt, That is a big, I told you so!!!!!! Just in a nice kind of way!

John Festin said...

Too funny! Thanks for the chuckle. When are you going to Vegas? Did that already happen?

David said...

I know how you feel Karen...I started looking at new XM Radio reciever's, "just for fun", and two days later, my old one died...