Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Chasing away the winter blues..

In an attempt to get out of the house and do something fun now that the weather is cold again I decided it would be fun to take the kids to the Children's Museum in Carson City. I had heard it was fun and Matt had the day off so he was able to go with us. I have been to the children's museum in Utah and remembered it being so much fun taking Kelsey. Ours here in Nevada.......not even close to the same to say the least. Don't get me wrong, the concept of the whole museum is amazing..here is Sadi piloting the NASA spaceship. What you don't see is that it's broken along with almost everything in this place!!
Chase is here in the jail cell of the sheriff's office (one of the few things that works hard to break a steel door I guess).

Matt even tried out the climbing wall. I guess I half suspected it would be lame when I asked when we arrived where we could go and the old lady running it said oh anywhere they really can't do any harm.

I took alot of pictures but most of them are of the kids playing with broken crap. I took this picture to remind me of why I will most likely never go there again. This is the floor piano...notice it is taped together with a cord hanging across it oh and the best part besides NOT WORKING the outlet is totally exposed with no outlet cover!!! Mind you this is a children's museum geared toward children. Sadi really wanted to stick something in there. After that outing I felt ripped off and like I needed a shower.
To bribe the kids to leave we tempted them with McDonald's for lunch. Chase must have really built up an appetite. He wanted a cheeseburger but Matt bought him a double cheeseburger, he not only finished it in record time he said he wanted another one. In laughing I thought why not let him try right? He can't possibly really want another one....this is what was left of the second..
Can you believe it? A happy meal will never satisfy this kid!!!

4 comments:

Bogenschutz said...

I guess my only words for you two are... Be glad you have kids at home to take any where like that. It goes way to fast so enjoy every moment. Because before you know it Karen your home alone, all the time!!!!

Bogenschutz said...

Oh My gosh!! He did not eat that much? Wow, You better start saving all your pennies for when he is a teenager. Think second job Matt!!!

John Festin said...

When we took our kids to the one in Utah it was just like that...CRAP! Maybe they had updated it when you took Kelsey. I always get a chuckle out of your posts. 1 1/2 double cheeseburgers? That kid is going to be an expensive teenager. Hope you guys are doing well.

heatlight said...

We've thought about going to the museum a couple of times, I guess you saved us the trip! :)