Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Taking time to smell the flowers..

I took Sadi outside this morning to show her my Mums that are in full bloom and looking so beautiful right now. I knew she would appreciate them because they are her favorite color, YELLOW of course. She thought it was really funny to touch them, I think they kind of tickled when she touched the petals.Anyway, I was trying to show her how to smell them (which to tell you the truth if you have ever got really close and sniffed one it does not smell that pretty which I discovered). She took one sniff, and then....Went for it!!! She tried to eat it!!! I think the neighbors heard me scream "DON'T EAT IT!!" Then it was funny and she tried again and again to get it in her mouth. Everything she touches goes straight to her mouth.I finally just ripped one off the stem and sat her down to look at it. I love watching them at this age learning how things work. She decided it was just as fun to pull the petals off. It was cute to watch. We finally went inside but not before she somehow snagged the smallest pebble and shoved it in her mouth. I found that out later after we had been in for awhile. What a stinker!!

2 comments:

Laura D said...

that picture of her about to take a bite of the flower is priceless! good catch mom!

Bogenschutz said...

Yuck! I saw that picture of her going for a big bite. I just cringe, with thinking of the smell of those mums. The taste can't be any better can it?