Thursday, October 30, 2008

Cookie Fun

I thought it would be fun to decorate some pumpkin cookies with the kids just to get them excited for Halloween. So I baked some cookies and bought some frosting and candy so they could make some cute little pumpkin faces. I miss calculated how fast they would eat them. This is the first time Sadi was actually big enough to do anything like this but I thought it would be fun to test out since we always decorate cookies on Christmas eve. I gave her a few pieces of candy and a cookie to entertain her while I got the other kids set up. Once she tasted the candy, it was gone!! Didn't care so much for the cookie. This is as close as I got to a picture of any of Chase's masterpieces. He was so fast it was put candy on, inhale, gone, start over. I think he ate like 4 cookies!
Kelsey of course took her time and made all kinds of different designs.
And Matt made well, some cookies that I could say the kids made? He is such a kid at heart.


2 comments:

Bogenschutz said...

Karen, Your so great, always doing fun things with your kids and taking pictures, so we can all feel like we haven't missed a step. It looked like lots of fun.
See, Sadi is a little Smith girl after all, loves candy!!!!!

Bogenschutz said...

Great Art work all of you. It looked like so much fun. Matt, your just like Luckie the biggest kid in the family!!!