Sunday, October 15, 2017

Fall Beginning

This past weekend we were finally able to find some time to get out of town.  I had been wanting to go to the salmon run that we have missed the peak the past few years.
As much as I enjoy seeing the changing colors in the fall, I wish we could see it when it was still summer temperatures.
We set out on some beautiful color blazed trails.
The creek was so high the last time we were here the trail was underwater, making it a little less impressive this trip as the water had receded so much.  We saw very few salmon which apparently I neglected to even get a picture of the few still alive that we did see.
We hiked around for a few miles and the kids had fun making their own trails.
Sadi found the best resting spot on the trail.
We didn't see many fish, but we did get to see some pretty blue birds, and some cute little critters.
Although we missed seeing the big spawning time again, I will never get tired of these gorgeous views. 

No comments: