Saturday, September 2, 2017

IN THIS HOME

OUR FIRST HOME
909 NICOLE STREET
I will soon have slept in this house for the last time.  I will soon usher my family out it's door.  I will for the last time lock the door.  I will for the last time sit in the driveway.  We will for the last time drive away from this our first home.
IN THIS HOME:
we became grown-ups with a mortgage
brought home 2 new babies
painted, painted, painted
went from cribs to beds
bought our first lawnmower
used that lawnmower over and over
planted a garden
family came to visit
friends came to visit
13 Christmas's
we had birthday parties
we had holiday parties
we had illness
we had health
we had happiness
there were tears of joy
there were tears of sadness
there were tears of anger
we experienced home repairs
we experienced home remodeling
we buried our dog in the backyard
Oldest graduated high school and left for college
Little's started school
friends were made
laughter was found
joy was had
a family grew

Thank you first home.  I know at times I complained about you.  As we pack up, and remove things from your walls I realize how truly special you have been to us.  I will miss your rooms, and all the memories we made in each one.  I will miss the blood, sweat, and tears we put into making you our home. 

I will miss you.

No comments: