Sunday, March 19, 2017

Tricky Traps

The night before St. Patrick's day I was out with friends and I came home to find the kids had left a trap for that sneaky leprechaun who has evaded being caught for years at our house.  Funny the kids hadn't even mentioned a trap this year so I though they had forgot.
Not only did that leprechaun steal their gold, he left quite the surprise in the morning.  No one was getting into the bathroom very easy.
He also left quite the trail all over our house.
along with some gold coins and surprises.
He even left a note taunting them to try again next year.
We put on our lucky pinch proof clothes and headed off to school.
They both got a lucky lunch packed with plenty of green.
We also made a little something for our teacher's...I got a little lazy this year with my creativity.
I also made sure Matt had a little surprise he could enjoy at work.
Sadi's class all made leprechaun traps at school the day before to try and catch that little guy.  She couldn't wait to see if she had built a lucky trap.  She didn't catch him there either...but she did get a little gold chocolate.  Matt thought it was weird her class wasn't able to have a Valentine's party but they could make leprechaun traps?
I did have a fun dinner planned for that evening but I was so tired after getting home late from sports that it just didn't happen.  We did have a fun sugar free dessert to end the night.  Hopefully we will have better luck next year catching that tricky leprechaun!

No comments: