Thursday, September 29, 2016

Leaving the blue

The night before Chase's birthday was his crossover from cub scouts to boy scouts.  He was pretty excited...front row, first one there.
He received several awards including his Webelo patch.  I was sad Matt was unable to attend because he was working.
 
I was also awarded 2 Mom pins, which honestly I earned. 
We wanted to do something special for his Webelo leader who has been so awesome this past year.  Chase thanked her and told her his favorite memory from being in Webelo's with her and gave her a bouquet of flowers.
I was kicking myself for not remembering the camcorder.  It was super sweet, and she loved it.  We sure are going to miss her.
Then it was finally time for his crossover ceremony.  They did a great job of reminding him of all the things he has learned in his time as a cub scouts.  They explained the only thing he gets to take with him is his arrow of light.  They even made him a special arrow to take with him to remember.
This tiny bridge made me laugh.  He had been looking forward to it for so long that I think we both remember it being quite a big BIGGER.
Once he crossed the bridge, it was time to loose the blue and be dressed in red.
His new leader and new scout troop all made it to welcome him, shake his hand, and even dress him in his new uniform :)
He looks pretty good in red, and is ready for a new adventure!
We ended the night with a cake I made (semi-homemade) for everyone help us celebrate his hard work and success.  Time for a new chapter in scouting!

No comments: