Thursday, September 29, 2016

Jet Setting

Recently things at work for Matt have been keeping him VERY busy, so it was nice a few weeks ago for him to be able to enjoy some perks of the job.  He was invited to go to the corporate retreat in Vegas.  No slot Manager has ever been invited to go...so a pretty big deal.  He spent 3 nights in a luxury hotel "working".  He was also invited to fly home with the CEO on his private jet.  I picked him up at the private air field....gotta say I was a little jealous. 
The following day one of the vendor's gave him V.I.P. tickets to the rib cookoff in Reno.  It was a private party with all you can eat ribs from all the vendor's.  This night I got to tag along.  We dropped the kids off with Kelsey for a few hours and enjoyed sampling as many ribs as we could (honestly it's almost impossible to try them all).  *note this was NOT my plate.
And to round off the week, the very next day another vendor invited him to go to the U.N.R. football game.  We were able to get a babysitter so I was also able to go.
Sadly I think he missed most of the game because he was talking work the whole time with the vendor.  I wasn't even able to get a picture with him.  I did meet my little Wolfie at halftime and catch up a little with her.
Although we invited her to sit with us, she choose to sit in the student section.  I think her seats were closer to the field than ours (just behind the goal posts).  But, I think we had the best view as the sun set.
It was a whirlwind of a week, and come Monday it was back to work!

No comments: