Thursday, February 14, 2013

Night at the Museum

Last night was family night at the elementary school, they called it "Night at the Museum".  They were having a fundraiser for the school Librarian who is battling cancer.  Each class made a piece of art that was on display that could be purchased by parents.  I'll be honest, I wasn't sure what kind of "art" I was going to "get" to buy, but was pleasantly surprised at all the classes art work.    Chase's class chose to recreate  The Great Wave off Kanagawa by the Japanese artist Hokusai.  Love it!
I was a bit more nervous about what Sadi painted only because she told me they painted a clown face.  But I had to laugh when we saw what their art inspiration came from.  They chose to paint Pablo Picasso-Three Faces.  It's hard to really see the detail, but she really did a good job. 
It was a really fun night, and love that it was for a good cause.  I can now say I have been to an art museum and bought 2 master pieces right off the wall! 

No comments: