Saturday, February 16, 2013

L-O-V-E

Typically I tend to make a big deal about Valentines Day only because I love it so much.  However, my family doesn't seem to get as excited as I do about the day of Love.  Since I had just returned from New Orleans and getting caught up on everything I decided to keep it simple.  I left each of the kids a box of chocolates outside their door in the morning with a little love note.  For breakfast I had planned to make heart shaped cinnamon rolls but as they baked they returned more to their circle shape...again no-one seemed to mind so it worked out.  Then it was time to get the little's off to school with all their Valentines in tote....
I felt less than inspired this year so I kept it very simple with the teacher's gift.  I bought a box of brownie mix and added a tag that read:  "Shooting for Brownie points".  Simple....OK kind of boring. 
 Chase's class valentines were Tic Tac Toe's.  Very simple but I think turned out really cute.
Because the lips and mustache Valentines we made last year were such a big hit we made those again for Sadi's class.
I did pack them all a "HEARTY" lunch.  PB and J  heart sandwich, heart shaped strawberries, hot Cheetos (I know so gross but my kids love them), and a heart shaped brownie.  Now that I look at it, that is a lot of red.
When the kids got home from school they had fun looking at all their valentine's and reading their love notes.  Even Kelsey's art class made Valentine boxes and handed out Valentines.  For dinner I made a heart shaped pizza, which has become somewhat of a tradition.  Matt had a late night at school, so I waited for him to come so we could eat together.
After dinner it was time to go on a hunt for Love (in the form of a love box).  I had made clues that ran them all over the house to find their Valentine. 
Eventually they found their valentine hidden in the dryer.  A new movie and some valentine treats!
When Matt got home from school we had a late dinner together and watched a movie.  It was a perfectly relaxed day.

1 comment:

marknkim said...

Some very cute ideas....LOVE the Tic Tac Toe {gonna have to try and remember that one:} Hope your day was filled with LOVE
XOXO