Saturday, April 2, 2011

Fooled ya!

Yesterday was a day Chase had been looking forward to for a long time...fortunately for me by the time it arrived he had forgotten it was April Fools day. I had a few tricks up my sleeve. I had both kids pose for me so I could take their picture (unsuspecting fools!). Matt pretended to sneeze just as I was taking the picture and sprayed them with yellow silly string!! I did not capture the moment but it was PRICELESS!! Sadi was at first paralyzed with disgust before bursting into tears...
Chase was so horrified he immediately started to dry heave. He almost threw up all over the floor and all Matt and I could do is laugh. It was HILARIOUS!! I almost peed my pants.
I should have stopped there, but I couldn't resist. Matt has had this remote control spider (huge spider) in his closet just waiting for this day. We had earlier hid it in Sadi's closet. We told the kids we were going to play outside so they needed to go get their shoes on.
Off they ran to get their shoes and out came the big spider after Sadi. I have never heard a louder scream in my life. She just about climbed the wall to get away from it. Again we fell on the floor laughing.
It wasn't all bad tricks, later that night I told the kids we were going to chuck-e-cheese's for dinner (okay in hindsight I should have said we were going somewhere less fun), BUT we ended up at the movie theater. I took them to see HOP. For one final trick I told them when I brought them their popcorn and soda that all the candy they had was these Reece's Sneezes: Bits o' Boogers in an icky sticky shell (I had previously made these and secretly snuck them in). I just covered a movie size box of Reese's pieces with this label. Sadi didn't care what they were she dug into them and devoured the whole box! Chase was not going to try it no matter what (can't blame him after his gaging incident), but decided to give just one a try. He was excited they tasted like peanut butter m&m's and was glad it was finally a good trick! It was a cute movie and a fun day!

2 comments:

Bogenschutz said...

OH MY GOSH Sis, I thought I was going to pee my pants just reading your post and looking at the pictures. That is so funny. You and Matt are amazing parents. You do so much for your kids, Im so proud to have you all as part of my family. Love you!!!

John Festin said...

Thanks for the chuckle...That is too funny! Hope you guys are well!