Thursday, February 17, 2011

Valentines Day

Valentines is my favorite holiday, however this year it seemed more like a normal day. Sadi had her party at pre-school while I was in Texas and Chase didn't really have a party they celebrated the 100th day of school the Friday before. He did take his valentines to school for his class as well. We made little valentine airplanes. A pack of smarties, a stick of gum I covered with valentine paper, and life saver wheels tied together with a rubber band. We also added a banner that said Happy Valentines day. They turned out really cute!
I had made valentine sundaes for the teachers. These I loved!! Chase was soo excited to give his Valentine to his teacher.
Since I had just got home from the SB I just wasn't in full planning mode so I did what I could with what I had to make the kids a fun lunch. PB&J in a hearth shape, heart strawberries, yummy yogurt, and love bugs on a log (m&m's on celery w/ peanut butter).Tricked them into eating veggies!!
Matt called and asked me to go to dinner when he got off work so, I threw out my valentine meal for us and threw a quick dinner together for the kids. I had bought a few goodies for them that I told them they couldn't have until after they finished their dinner.Kelsey made them a heart pizza,
they toasted with sparkling cider, and then dove into their sweet treats!!At dinner I gave Matt the valentine I had been working on for him. I used a deck of cards to make him a little book of 52 reasons why I love him. I put in things that I knew we would both laugh at and also some more on the serious side.
Here are some that were in his book....
I think he liked it!!

4 comments:

Bogenschutz said...

Thought you didn't have any plans sis? Girlie your to good. Looks like a very fun Valentine's day for all. Good job Kelsey I do love the heart pizza!!!!

Bogenschutz said...

Love the Airplanes. Way to go Chase and Mom, great Valentine. Im going to have to try that celery, sure looks good. Did Sadie actually eat the whole thing or resort to picking of the M&M's?? Just curious.

The Demille's said...

You are so creative! What an awesome Mom you are! Such cute ideas!

Unknown said...

Hi Karen,

Just catching up on your blog. I feel bad because I keep forgetting to tell you my new blog is up and running at www.thatsentertainment.org. It's been up for about a month, but you probably wouldn't have had time anyway. Susan told me about your job three weeks a year at the superbowl. How fun is that? Anyway, check us out. Hope all is well. Susan and I talked about when you come up here one time, I will swing by to play some awesome card or board games.

Love,

Tina