Sunday, May 21, 2017

Nearing the End

With the end of school rapidly approaching, it seem the last few weeks of school become a blur.  The first week of May was teacher appreciation and we put together a little thank you for all the teachers we have (5 this year between 2 kids).  I kept it simple with some Donut coffee and donuts tied up with a little tag that read: "DONUT know what I would do without a teacher like you!"
This year I only decorated one door for the week, Sadi's 4th grade teacher Miss Bailey.  She loves the outdoors and is even in the record book for shooting the largest bear in the state.  I knew I wanted to do something with a bear.  Turned out super cute, and she loved it!
Finals were rapidly approaching for Kelsey so I made a little gift to send up to her to get her through the last hurdle of the year.
A study sack that read: "Orange you glad your almost finished".  Inside I packed some "necessities" to survive those last tests.
There has been so many activities at school I have been helping at.  The sixth graders had a painting day at school where they painted legacy tiles that I helped with.
This was Chase's finished tile...his legacy.
Once they are fired, they will be shipped back to the school and hung in legacy hallway.  This is a fun tradition they started just a few years ago.
Speaking of legacy, they FINALLY installed the marquee that my Booster board bought last year.  It looks amazing, and makes me smile every time I see it.
The leadership students put on an under the sea themed dance for the 3-6 graders.  Sadi is on the Leadership board and got to work a shift at the dance. 
Although many kids were just standing around, Sadi was tearing up the dance floor with her friends.  I had a flash to the future and her at dances quite frankly it scares me.
It seems like they cram so much into the last few weeks of school that it becomes exhausting  to keep up.  We have had career day, college day(represented our favorite), the walk-a-thon, talent show, fun in the sun, and parties for leadership, kids court, testing, and just about everything you can think of.
ONE. MORE. WEEK.  The countdowns on!

No comments: