Sunday, July 15, 2012

When I grow up..

"My kids are going to eat fruit salad, like pretty much everyday"-Chase

So Chase has been talking non-stop about when he is grown up.  Everyday he is talking about what he is going to do, where he will live, how many kids he is going to have and exactly what they are going to eat.  Sometimes his ideas change a bit, but there is one constant which I cannot figure out what it is about this one certain thing...because it's fruit salad.  Not just any fruit salad, his fruit salad.  So, I decided we better try this salad to see if it was really as good as he was telling us about it.  I told him he should make up a grocery list and I would take him to get the supplies.  He wrote out his grocery list and carefully checked it.  Had to have exactly seven items (that part will come later).
I let him tell me exactly what he needed to buy and let him choose out the items.
When we got home I let him assemble his salad (with a little help with the cutting parts).  About the seven items, that is we are told because there will be 7 stations one for each of his kids to help with.  That's right 7, as in he is going to have 7 kids.  What a lucky wife.
I tried my hardest not to cringe when he started pouring in the marshmallows.  I wanted him to have complete control over how he made this, which was harder than you know.  I personally have never made fruit salad with marshmallows in it so again I have no idea where this idea came from.  The finished product...
(I promise there is fruit in there)
I cannot tell you how proud he was of this, and literally stared you down and waited for your reaction to the salad.  Sadi was ecstatic as was he about how delicious it was!  I told him it was so good we should only eat it on very, very, special occasions.  He wanted to write down the recipe to give to his wife so she could make it when he was at work. 

Feel free to copy this recipe before we put it in the family vault! 

1 comment:

marknkim said...

Mmmmm...looks delicious Chase. I might have to copy that recipe. I know my girls would LOVE it. Emmrey has a similar recipe for "Crunch Salad" ...what a good idea to have him write it down so you can treasure his little handwriting and inventive spelling:}